The Water Transfer Printing Process
WTP is a permanent decorating method. Almost any shape can be printed on. Items can be metal, fiberglass, plastic, wood, glass and anything else that can be painted and submerged. Items must be able to withstand submersion in water and washing during the process. Below the entire process is explained. Films are available in 1000's of patterns including: camouflage, carbon fiber, wood grain, animal print, contemporary and cool! The finish is highly durable.
- Prep: Item is cleaned of dirt, wax and grease then sanded or scuffed to give coatings excellent adhesion.
- Prime: Proper priming is done with material suitable for the substrate.
- Base: Base coat is applied in the color(s) of choice. Our standard paint is top quality automotive grade 2k urethanes by Axalta . Our premium grade is House Of Kolor.
- Print: Item is dipped through the chosen film design in our transfer tank.
- Rinse : Item is rinsed clean of film carrier residue and dried.
- Clear: Three coats of automotive clear are applied. Choose between gloss, semi-gloss, flat or soft-touch clears.
- Effects: We can apply effects such as candy tints, airbrushing, flakes, iridescence and many others.